33 questions
so we have had 4 placements now. which really isn't that many. each one has been different but there have definitely been similarities. so here you go:
33 questions that go through a foster parents mind each time they become a parent again...
1. I thought they said you were potty trained?
2. do you always make that noise?
3. when was the last time you ate? let's eat now, just in case.
4. please eat something?!
5. so your case worker doesn't ever answer the phone either?
6. and they don't check their voice mail?
7. what do you mean your previous foster parent already spent your whole clothing allowance? you have 4 outfits.
8. I wonder what your middle name is?
9. when is your birthday again? 7-12? or 13? or was it 13-7?
10. is that person in the grocery store staring at us because they are your uncle?
11. or are they staring because I have 3 different colored children in my cart, none of which are the same color as my husband and I.
12. wait, are you allergic to dogs?
13. are you allergic to anything?
14. how many times a day and when do we give you each of these medicines?
15. I wonder what you looked like as a baby?
16. I wonder how many of your birthdays I will celebrate with you?
17. will your parents be able to "get you back?" I hope so.
18. will you like daycare / school / church?
19. will you like us?
20. will I get enough time with you to make a difference.
21. will you leave my home?
22. am I doing everything I can to make sure you know as much about Jesus and His love as possible?
23. what have we gotten ourselves into?
24. are we really doing this? again?
25. are you calling me mom on the first day because you really like me or you just really need someone? or is it just because you can't remember my name?
26. where should I put your car seat?
27. do you know how to swim?
28. have you ever been to the beach?
29. can you sleep on the top bunk?
30. will your new siblings be nice to you?
31. will you be nice to your new siblings?
32. how long will it take you to adjust?
33. was it really this hard in the beginning all the other times? / will it be this hard in the beginning every time?
all 3 first days were very different and similar at the same time. hard, but easy. wonderful, yet terrible. but at the end of those days, and every day since, we have been so thankful to be a part of this crazy thing called foster care.
33 questions that go through a foster parents mind each time they become a parent again...
1. I thought they said you were potty trained?
2. do you always make that noise?
3. when was the last time you ate? let's eat now, just in case.
4. please eat something?!
5. so your case worker doesn't ever answer the phone either?
6. and they don't check their voice mail?
7. what do you mean your previous foster parent already spent your whole clothing allowance? you have 4 outfits.
8. I wonder what your middle name is?
9. when is your birthday again? 7-12? or 13? or was it 13-7?
10. is that person in the grocery store staring at us because they are your uncle?
11. or are they staring because I have 3 different colored children in my cart, none of which are the same color as my husband and I.
12. wait, are you allergic to dogs?
13. are you allergic to anything?
14. how many times a day and when do we give you each of these medicines?
15. I wonder what you looked like as a baby?
16. I wonder how many of your birthdays I will celebrate with you?
17. will your parents be able to "get you back?" I hope so.
18. will you like daycare / school / church?
19. will you like us?
20. will I get enough time with you to make a difference.
21. will you leave my home?
22. am I doing everything I can to make sure you know as much about Jesus and His love as possible?
23. what have we gotten ourselves into?
24. are we really doing this? again?
25. are you calling me mom on the first day because you really like me or you just really need someone? or is it just because you can't remember my name?
26. where should I put your car seat?
27. do you know how to swim?
28. have you ever been to the beach?
29. can you sleep on the top bunk?
30. will your new siblings be nice to you?
31. will you be nice to your new siblings?
32. how long will it take you to adjust?
33. was it really this hard in the beginning all the other times? / will it be this hard in the beginning every time?
all 3 first days were very different and similar at the same time. hard, but easy. wonderful, yet terrible. but at the end of those days, and every day since, we have been so thankful to be a part of this crazy thing called foster care.
Comments
Post a Comment