the craziest 72 hours of my life thus far...
So this blog will probably be particularly scattered and crazy but perhaps that is appropriate considering that is exactly how life has been since Tuesday morning.
Before I go any further, let me just say that I have the greatest mother of all time. I know everyone says that about their mom's but eveyone else is wrong. She took off work. She then dug thru both of her attics and a storage building to find stuff for the boys. She also bought stuff for the boys and went with me to not one but two walmarts. She was with me for all 13 times that I called the social worker that day. Yep. I'm dead serious. Thirteen. She organized toys. She made beds. Basically anything I needed she has been there. I don't know that I would have survived Tuesday without her by my side.
Also I really appreciate everyone who has supported us. I have never felt so popular :) I have received so many texts and Facebook messages amd I really appreciate them. I really am sorry I haven't responded individually, but my heart, mind and thumbs ;) have been exhausted. But if you don't read anything else, please read this:
THANK YOU!
Seriously. Your words have meant so much and I'm sorry I didn't say that to you individually.
It has been hard to keep everyone updated so if you haven't heard, here goes...
Tuesday morning rolls around and I called our case worker at 9:00. No answer. So I proceeded to call her about ever 30 minutes. It was a total of 13 times. Still no answer. We spent the whole day preparing for them and had no idea what was going on. It was easily the most frustrating day of my life. At times it was also the most exciting. I can't wait to meet these precious boys.
The Lord works in awesome ways. Mean while, Savery, a good family friend was driving from enterprise, al to savannah and was going to stop by with some little boy stuff. She has a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Things worked out where they spent Tuesday night with us and let me tell you, that saved us! We got to cuddle with the boys and visit with Savery and just distract ourselves. It was really nice.
They left Wednesday around lunch so I started calling again. Still no answer. I woke up today and started calling again and still nothing. I got to work and while I was telling a client about the unreturned phone calls, it dawned on me that she can't be ignoring all of her calls. Just mine. And she wouldn't know it was me if I called from Ulta's phone. So once I had a break I called her. And the STRANGEST thing happened! She answered! You could hear the surprise in her voice when she realized it was me. We had a pleasant conversation lasting about 5 minutes. We will still get the boys but the hangup is that they cannot find Aaron's fingerprints. I don't understand the problem? Oddly enough they are still on his hands and we can get an inkpad and paper? Anyway she said as soon as they find them, they will be bringing the boys to us. Until then they are with a family friend who is overwhelmed and doesn't want to care for them anymore. That part breaks my heart.
So please pray for these boys. And the woman caring for them. And the disorganized muscogee county dfcs office. But as for us, we're fine. We will just be a lot better once we have our boys :)
Before I go any further, let me just say that I have the greatest mother of all time. I know everyone says that about their mom's but eveyone else is wrong. She took off work. She then dug thru both of her attics and a storage building to find stuff for the boys. She also bought stuff for the boys and went with me to not one but two walmarts. She was with me for all 13 times that I called the social worker that day. Yep. I'm dead serious. Thirteen. She organized toys. She made beds. Basically anything I needed she has been there. I don't know that I would have survived Tuesday without her by my side.
Also I really appreciate everyone who has supported us. I have never felt so popular :) I have received so many texts and Facebook messages amd I really appreciate them. I really am sorry I haven't responded individually, but my heart, mind and thumbs ;) have been exhausted. But if you don't read anything else, please read this:
THANK YOU!
Seriously. Your words have meant so much and I'm sorry I didn't say that to you individually.
It has been hard to keep everyone updated so if you haven't heard, here goes...
Tuesday morning rolls around and I called our case worker at 9:00. No answer. So I proceeded to call her about ever 30 minutes. It was a total of 13 times. Still no answer. We spent the whole day preparing for them and had no idea what was going on. It was easily the most frustrating day of my life. At times it was also the most exciting. I can't wait to meet these precious boys.
The Lord works in awesome ways. Mean while, Savery, a good family friend was driving from enterprise, al to savannah and was going to stop by with some little boy stuff. She has a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Things worked out where they spent Tuesday night with us and let me tell you, that saved us! We got to cuddle with the boys and visit with Savery and just distract ourselves. It was really nice.
They left Wednesday around lunch so I started calling again. Still no answer. I woke up today and started calling again and still nothing. I got to work and while I was telling a client about the unreturned phone calls, it dawned on me that she can't be ignoring all of her calls. Just mine. And she wouldn't know it was me if I called from Ulta's phone. So once I had a break I called her. And the STRANGEST thing happened! She answered! You could hear the surprise in her voice when she realized it was me. We had a pleasant conversation lasting about 5 minutes. We will still get the boys but the hangup is that they cannot find Aaron's fingerprints. I don't understand the problem? Oddly enough they are still on his hands and we can get an inkpad and paper? Anyway she said as soon as they find them, they will be bringing the boys to us. Until then they are with a family friend who is overwhelmed and doesn't want to care for them anymore. That part breaks my heart.
So please pray for these boys. And the woman caring for them. And the disorganized muscogee county dfcs office. But as for us, we're fine. We will just be a lot better once we have our boys :)
Comments
Post a Comment