reason #387 why I want to be Miss Gretchen when I grow up!
so due to some recent changes, I took a trip down memory lane tonight. I basically have St. Mark in a box circa 2002-2007. I found this letter from Gretchen Smith and was reminded of reason #387 why I have always wanted to be Miss Gretchen when I grow up! (read the part of the letter in parentheses in the bubble)
so I guess that leads me to some news I should officially share with the internet world. starting Marck 15, I will be the "Family Ministries Associate" at St. Mark UMC. if you have no clue what that means, we are still sorting thru it ourselves but basically I will be working with children, youth, and their parents along side Shannon Baxter, the "Family Ministries Director" (at least I think that is his title? anyway...) he has been at St. Mark for over 10 years and was my youth director so I am thrilled to have this opportunity to work with him.
we (Aaron, the boys and I) will be moving churches obviously. this is bittersweet for us. but we are lucky to be leaving one church (Pierce Chapel UMC) where we have received so much love and support for another that will provide us with the same.
this position is something I have wanted for the better part of my 25 years and it feels like a dream come true. God is so good and we are so excited to see what His plan is for us at St. Mark.
YES, I WILL STILL BE DOING HAIR AT ULTA! have no fear :) I will be working less hours but still enough to continue taking care of all of your hair needs.
this all feels so surreal. it is very scary and exciting at the same time. please pray for our whole family, as this will be a big transition for all of us. we could not be happier about what God has in store for this next chapter of our lives.

Comments
Post a Comment