a little rambling and complaining. but in the end I am so very thankful.

so I have had a rough 48 hours emotionally. I don't usually post negative things but I want to get this out. bear with me. it ends well.
so as I was saying. nothing terribly wrong happened. just a lot of negativity going on inside my head. I have been getting the run around trying to get the boys shot records from the pediatrician to the daycare. after countless phone calls and being on hold for at least 30 minutes collectively and driving across town to get the papers that they refused to fax, I got the records to the daycare only to realize that biggie isn't up to date on his shots. ugh! seriously?! he was just at the doctor for shots a month ago. when I asked why they didn't give it to him then, all the could come up with was that the nurse "probably misread the paperwork". awesome.
then the boys had a visit with their mom on Wednesday. it went fine from what I could tell. a transporter picks them up from daycare and takes them to Burger King to see their mom for an hour and then brings them to me. they were 30 minutes late getting to me which had me annoyed. but when I went to get them out of the car, their car seats were not even strapped in. she had just set them in the car. seriously? her job is to transport children in a car and she doesn't even know that you have to buckle in a car seat. ugh!
so I have had the, "I wouldn't have to deal with this if these were my biological children" blues. strangers wouldn't be transporting them in their cars. I wouldn't have to lug car seats back and forth. the pediatricians office wouldn't give me as much of a run around. I wouldn't have let them get behind on their shots. it all feels very frustrating.
as I said in my last post, I got a long awaited new job. I am super excited. I am equally as terrified. I am nervous as to whether or not I am capable. but I know the biggest adjustment will be a lot less free time. it has made me feel a little claustrophobic the past couple of days.
I know all of these feelings were a sign that I am in the right place. I wouldn't be under attack otherwise. and today I was reminded how well God knows me.
I got to work at Ulta and did a couple of clients, only to find out that our whole computer system was down. no one could be rung up so we had to reschedule clients and close down. it was like a snow day. I had an afternoon to myself. I spent most of it doing nothing, since starting Monday that won't be happening much. I did do a little house work and got dinner ready for the boys. this is where things got really sweet. all three of them came in the door in sweet, good moods. both boys ate most of their food with minimal nagging and then we cuddled and read books and they went to bed very easily.
it was just what I needed to remind me how beautiful and wonderful our lives are. this life definitely isn't easy but it is the most rewarding life I have ever experienced. and I wouldn't trade it for anything. we have so much to be thankful for.

Comments