October 9th. and why it is my new favorite date.
so I have always been weird about dates. like dates of the year. I remember the most random dates of personal events. so naturally I love time hop and the Facebook on this day thing. it popped up yesterday, October 9th that 7 years ago my status stated how happy I was. I had just started dating Aaron :) I also realized that October 9th a yeah ago was when we got a call asking if we could provide a home for 3 and 2 year old boys :) (they came to live with us 9 days later) I had already decided this was a good date for me. on my way into work on October 9th of this year it got better than we had ever imagined.
I received the best news that I have ever been told up to this point. in case you haven't been reading along, the oldest of our boys has a grandmother on his dad's side who wanted him to live with her. we were pretty convinced of this being his family. he resembled them and his mother had never wavered on who his dad was. thankfully dhs does dna testing.
I received the best news that I have ever been told up to this point. in case you haven't been reading along, the oldest of our boys has a grandmother on his dad's side who wanted him to live with her. we were pretty convinced of this being his family. he resembled them and his mother had never wavered on who his dad was. thankfully dhs does dna testing.
obviously this news left us very shocked and pretty relieved. selfishly, we obviously want both boys with us forever. but beyond that, we truly believe it is in the boys best interest to stay together. we don't know what is next, now that we have this piece of information. but we do know that for now and for as long as we can tell, the boys will be together, with us. we go to court October 28th for a "check up" of sorts and we will hopefully have a clearer sense of direction then.
of course the natural question here is then who is his father? that is a very good question? one we have no answer to. the hard part in all of this is that we have a boy with no biological father yet. we haven't figured out how to explain that to him yet. he has never met his suposed dad but he has pictures of him. and he had met the "grandmother". he even knew he might go live with her. so how do you begin to explain this to a 4 year old? we will be asking his counselor on Tuesday ;) I also can only imagine how his mother feels in this situation, as well as the supposed family members. we truly did not expect this outcome. but we truly believe that God's provision has brought these two where they are today, and will continue to lead them where they should be.
so keep us in mind on October 28th :) and in the mean time please pray for swift decisions. we are hoping at this point that there will be fewer hang ups and questions and that we can move towards permanent decisions being made for these boys. they have been in limbo long enough. pray for our boys. wherever they end up, I pray that they have a secure sense of who they are despite their dna and who it connects them to, or doesn't connect them too.
and praise be to God for his provision. I know He was laughing at our rejoicing these past two days thinking, "I knew this the whole time you were worrying."

Comments
Post a Comment