my #wcw and their family :)
so I know what you are thinking. two blogs in one week?! only the most special occasion could cause such a thing. and you would be right.
my bff (best family forever) is moving back to Columbus! I never expected this day would come. I visited them in their new home often. I think I will miss my road trips to see them actually. but I could not be more thrilled that the Melvins are coming HOME! I met them long ago. Melanie remembers me from an egg hunt at church when I was dressed as the Easter bunny. I remember talking to them at Moore's Forrest pool at Gracie's swim lessons. I must have been 12. a few years later she became the children's director at St. Mark. I didn't like her. she wasn't Gretchen. she probably didn't care for me either. I was a punk teenager.
a few years later she got to know my mom better. I needed a job and she needed a preschool teacher. this is where our beautiful friendship began. I immediately fell in love with her son. so precious. and that cute little girl with a bob that looked like a china doll! and I knew Chad was a saint when he puppy sat for me for a week and I didn't come home to a dead dog!
over the years my love for them grew. (I need to reign in my sappiness. Mel doesn't do sappy) they were in my wedding. they were a part of some of my favorite camp memories and a couple of awesome beach trips. then it came time for them to move. it was so depressing. going to visit them sure was fun though. they were still there for me. no matter what. I took the boys up there within weeks of them coming to live with us. what was I thinking? the car ride was awful. but once we got there it was all worth is. they fell in love with the Melvins instantly. they are as excited about them moving here as I am.
from the outside looking in, this move seems to have been very trying. but I am amazed at their resilience and strength. and their love for others as well as each other. If you haven't met them yet, you should. they are 4 of the most awesome people on the planet!
Chad is my favorite because he has no idea who Kim Kardashian is because he is too busy riding his tractor.
Grant is my favorite because he is so sweet and fun. and an awesome babysitter.
as for Gracie and Mel, this video will tell you all you need to know:
(they sent this to me on my birthday. girls, please don't kill me!)
my bff (best family forever) is moving back to Columbus! I never expected this day would come. I visited them in their new home often. I think I will miss my road trips to see them actually. but I could not be more thrilled that the Melvins are coming HOME! I met them long ago. Melanie remembers me from an egg hunt at church when I was dressed as the Easter bunny. I remember talking to them at Moore's Forrest pool at Gracie's swim lessons. I must have been 12. a few years later she became the children's director at St. Mark. I didn't like her. she wasn't Gretchen. she probably didn't care for me either. I was a punk teenager.
a few years later she got to know my mom better. I needed a job and she needed a preschool teacher. this is where our beautiful friendship began. I immediately fell in love with her son. so precious. and that cute little girl with a bob that looked like a china doll! and I knew Chad was a saint when he puppy sat for me for a week and I didn't come home to a dead dog!
over the years my love for them grew. (I need to reign in my sappiness. Mel doesn't do sappy) they were in my wedding. they were a part of some of my favorite camp memories and a couple of awesome beach trips. then it came time for them to move. it was so depressing. going to visit them sure was fun though. they were still there for me. no matter what. I took the boys up there within weeks of them coming to live with us. what was I thinking? the car ride was awful. but once we got there it was all worth is. they fell in love with the Melvins instantly. they are as excited about them moving here as I am.
from the outside looking in, this move seems to have been very trying. but I am amazed at their resilience and strength. and their love for others as well as each other. If you haven't met them yet, you should. they are 4 of the most awesome people on the planet!
Chad is my favorite because he has no idea who Kim Kardashian is because he is too busy riding his tractor.
Grant is my favorite because he is so sweet and fun. and an awesome babysitter.
as for Gracie and Mel, this video will tell you all you need to know:


Comments
Post a Comment