6 months in and "we can't stop"
6 months ago today, I got a phone call while still at work. it was the call I had prayed and hoped for for nearly 10 years. they were calling to tell us that we would become parents in the morning. foster parents that is. to two precious little boys. the case worker didn't even remember their names. she didn't know if they were potty trained. we didn't care. we new nothing about them but yet we knew we loved them so much.
6 months ago it was just me and my husband. we came and went as we pleased. we lived life only for each other and ourselves. we didn't have a tv in our car. or car seats. there wasn't a single toy or sippy cup in our house. we made late night runs to Krystal's or Waffle House. we slept in when we didn't have to work. we went out to eat at restaurants without playgrounds. we saw our friends more often. I did more hair. Aaron cooked more frequently. life was so simple.
and in an instant that was over. we new they would get here around 9 Saturday morning. I stayed up late getting everything "ready". I tried to get the house as spotless as possible. I knew that would not be happening again anytime soon. I wanted everything to be perfect upon their arrival. I couldn't get to sleep. I was too excited. I had set an alarm to wake up at 7. no need for that. I was wide awake by 6. it felt like they were never going to get here. but they did. and we were instantly in love. they were kind of timid. I showed them around and we all quickly settled in to our new "normal". that day feels so far away some times. other times it feels like yesterday. but tomorrow is exactly 6 months since they came to live with us.
our life is so different but we love it so much. we wouldn't go back for anything.
we came to this place through a very obvious calling. we have known our next calling for a couple months now and we anticipate it with just as much excitement as we did the boys. we are praying for a princess. that's right. I have no doubt that the Lord wants us to welcome a little girl into our home in the near future. we probably won't make our home "available" until the end of the summer, due to a lot of reasons. this will give us all four time to prepare our hearts and minds, as well as her bedroom!
I have shared this with a few people we are close to and no one has been flat out ugly or negative about it. but people certainly aren't as excited. which is fine with me. but when I saw this video tonight, I was almost in tears. I see so much beauty in all families of all shapes and sizes. I have no doubt that I am meant to have a large family with mostly children who I did not give birth to. and that is okay. I know couples who never want children. I know couples who only want one or two. I know families with yours, mine and ours. and that is all OKAY! no one should do something that isn't what they are meant to do because of others expectations. and we should not hold back from doing what is right for our family because others don't understand it.
so watch this video. and laugh. or cry. or whatever. and then push past your immediate thoughts of how insane we must be, and please pray for our princess. whoever and wherever she may be.
p.s.
shout out to my sister, who's miley cyrus obsession I will never understand! here is to my first and last post that has anything remotely to do with miley.
6 months ago it was just me and my husband. we came and went as we pleased. we lived life only for each other and ourselves. we didn't have a tv in our car. or car seats. there wasn't a single toy or sippy cup in our house. we made late night runs to Krystal's or Waffle House. we slept in when we didn't have to work. we went out to eat at restaurants without playgrounds. we saw our friends more often. I did more hair. Aaron cooked more frequently. life was so simple.
and in an instant that was over. we new they would get here around 9 Saturday morning. I stayed up late getting everything "ready". I tried to get the house as spotless as possible. I knew that would not be happening again anytime soon. I wanted everything to be perfect upon their arrival. I couldn't get to sleep. I was too excited. I had set an alarm to wake up at 7. no need for that. I was wide awake by 6. it felt like they were never going to get here. but they did. and we were instantly in love. they were kind of timid. I showed them around and we all quickly settled in to our new "normal". that day feels so far away some times. other times it feels like yesterday. but tomorrow is exactly 6 months since they came to live with us.
our life is so different but we love it so much. we wouldn't go back for anything.
we came to this place through a very obvious calling. we have known our next calling for a couple months now and we anticipate it with just as much excitement as we did the boys. we are praying for a princess. that's right. I have no doubt that the Lord wants us to welcome a little girl into our home in the near future. we probably won't make our home "available" until the end of the summer, due to a lot of reasons. this will give us all four time to prepare our hearts and minds, as well as her bedroom!
I have shared this with a few people we are close to and no one has been flat out ugly or negative about it. but people certainly aren't as excited. which is fine with me. but when I saw this video tonight, I was almost in tears. I see so much beauty in all families of all shapes and sizes. I have no doubt that I am meant to have a large family with mostly children who I did not give birth to. and that is okay. I know couples who never want children. I know couples who only want one or two. I know families with yours, mine and ours. and that is all OKAY! no one should do something that isn't what they are meant to do because of others expectations. and we should not hold back from doing what is right for our family because others don't understand it.
so watch this video. and laugh. or cry. or whatever. and then push past your immediate thoughts of how insane we must be, and please pray for our princess. whoever and wherever she may be.
p.s.
shout out to my sister, who's miley cyrus obsession I will never understand! here is to my first and last post that has anything remotely to do with miley.
Comments
Post a Comment