Going public...

So I am typically a very open person with people I come in to contact with on a daily basis in person.  However the idea of broadcasting things over the Internet is really not something I am fond of.  It kinda creeps me out.  But I know things are going to pop up in people's news feed over the next couple of months that will raise all kinds of questions so here goes... I am sharing this blog on the Facebook :)

On Tuesday we will become the foster parents to two boys. They are brothers and are 2 and 3. I don't know much more than that. And even if I did, I couldn't tell you. But none of that matters.

People I have talked to have all asked me the same questions so I'll assume you would ask the same and answer them now:

Are we scared?
What kinda question is that?! Who wouldn't be?

Are we excited?
Same as above^

Are we ready?
As ready as we'll ever be.

How long will we have them?
We have no idea. Only God knows.

And my favorite question...
Can't y'all have kids of your own?
Yes. Well as far as we know... we haven't yet obviously, but this is not something we are doing because we aren't able to.
This is the funniest question to me. Mostly because our motives and mindsets are totally different than I think most people expect. To me it is about the equivalent of me saying, "We want to go to Atlanta!" And you replying,  "Can't you just go to the grocery store? " that probably made way more sense to me in my head than it does on paper but basically none of our motives for fostering have anything in common with what our motives will one day be for having children. Just as reasons for going to Atlanta have basically nothing to do with reasons for going to the grocery store.  You can see past blogs for more details.  I just wanted to clear those questions up :)

We are very open to any advice or help or encouragement you would like to give us. We obviously have no idea what we are doing.  But ready or not here they come!  I have never been more nervous and excited and ready and unprepared for anything in my life. But I guess that's the point.  Here we go :)

Comments

  1. You've got this! Those boys just need unconditional love!! You all are in my prayers and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment