I am called.

where to start...

as a high schooler,  I began to feel a tugging on my heart. I started to realize I had a greater purpose. one I believe I was uniquely created for. I was called.

though I don't remember the exact moment,  I do remember realizing my purpose in this world.  I grew up surrounded by love. unconditional, beautiful,  powerful love. as real as it gets on this earth.  it was apparent to me at this point that many on this planet cannot say that. the scary part is, I am most likely in the minority. this fact broke me to my core.

I also began to realize how self centered I was. I knew that God was calling me to turn my focus away from myself and toward those that needed love.

in church this morning, the preacher talked about Gideon and God's call on his life. I don't remember all the details but the main thing I took away from it was that God calls you,  by name, today what he wants you to be called in the future.  I know that for 6-8 years, God has been calling me "foster mom".

obviously as a teenager this was not a name I could persue... but I anxiously and prayerfully awaited the day when I could become my name.

now is the time. I am so fortunate to have Aaron.  and he is eager to respond to this calling with me. we will close on our house in March (ish). we have committed to each other that at this point we will go through the training and the process to become foster parents through the state.

I am starting this blog to share our experience but also to be accountable to documenting how God is working in and through us in this experience.  I probably won't share this blog until further in the process, but I want to go ahead and put thoughts into words.

I am ecstatic.  I am anxious. I am prayerful.  I am excited. I am terrified.  I am called.

Comments

  1. So excited for you all! You are truly going to change lives and I can't wait to hear all about it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment