the boys are here!

I keep saying I am going to blog. It's not that I don't want to. I just don't even know where to begin. 
The boys were dropped off at our home at 9 am Saturday morning. It has only been 3 days but our life has already completely changed.  I have never been so happy or scared or scattered or together. We knew this was going to totally change our lives but I don't think we could have imagined how great this change would be. I love my husband even more than I could have ever imagined possible after the past few days. He has always been a good husband but he is so great with the boys. 
But anyway.  I'm sure you want to know more about them. I can't share names on here. I wanted to come up with a cute or funny code names but nothing has come to mind yet.
the older boy is 3. He is adorable. He LOVES spiderman.  He is fiercely independent. If he wants something,  he does everything in his power to do it himself without even stopping to ask. We are trying to work on this. Independence is good. Don't get me wrong.  But I want him to feel safe to be 3 and know that we will take care of the rest. I'm sure this will come. He loves kisses and eats everything in sight.
the younger boy is 2. He too is adorable. He loves ninja turtles and anything his brother is doing.  He is very guarded with us. He smiles and says he loves us. But you can tell he isn't quite ready to let us in. He mentions the person he was living with before daily. The boys are brothers but lived seperately until a few months ago when the three year old came to live with the two year old. 3 year old has been bounced around a lot. The two year old hasn't.  And you can tell in his actions. He is having a harder time adjusting but I'd still say overall that he is happy. He doesn't like to eat at all. And is still getting the hang of potty training but is doing pretty well to be 2.
they are in love with all of the people they have met. They constantly ask for "BB and CrayCray" (my mom and Carly). They call Aaron,  "Aaron". They have yet to remember anything we have told them to call me but I'm oddly not bothered by it. But we have told them to call me SJ or sarah jane. They started daycare yesterday and did well. Drp off wasn't easy but once I left they were fine.
they love jumping on the trampoline and can't wait for Halloween to get here so they can wear their costumes. 
Our friends are fostering their 8 week old brother and they have already gotten to see him twice since Saturday so they love that.
they share a room with 2 beds. The first night they slept together hut Sunday and Monday night they slept seperately and did fine.
A friend said yesterday she expected this week to be the hardest for us. I sure hope so, because it really hasn't been that hard so far. Of course I am tired and a little overwhelmed with paperwork and phone calls. But all in all the 4 of us are happy and loved :)

Comments

  1. Well of course I am in love! They have both stolen my heart-a piece I did not even know was there! I am so proud of SJ and Aaron. They are so loving and patient and committed. And on a side note, I think you should call them Spidey (for spiderman) and Mikey (for Michelangelo from TMNT).
    Love all four of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Mikey! I love reading this. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment