no fear

where to start. it has been a busy week. we are providing respite care for the week to a 9 month old baby boy. he is so precious and the boys are crazy about him.
he is a very "easy" baby. but we have quickly learned there is not really anything easy about it. babies are a lot of work. who knew? we are happy to help and love on him, but look forward to getting back to just our preschoolers. that is our comfort zone.
so since our princess left, we have been holding back on taking on anymore kids. I knew we needed some time. but it has been a month and there is still hesitation. any time I asked myself why we were hesitant, there was no other answer other than fear. fear of getting another placement that wouldn't work out. fear of bigs moving in the middle of a transition. fear of the unknown. fear.
I have said for many years that I don't believe in living in fear. and I don't. I don't think that is the life God has for us. in fact. I know it. I have constantly been quoting scriptures this week that I have known for years and it has really helped...

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 1 Timothy 1:7

"The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." - Proverbs 28:1

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philipians 4:6-7

we are so fortunate, as God's children to live a life made prefect in love. free of bondage and fear. we (Aaron and I) know that the Lord has called us to this. and not just for two children. I know you may think we are crazy. and I can't explain it. and I don't have to. but I can tell you there is so much joy for me in overcoming this fear. I have audibly and boldly claimed His name and made my request known.

"But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lordrescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm." - Exodus 14:13-14

so we are staying calm. in the mean time, we are preparing for more children! we are hoping for another set of brothers, close to the age of biggie and smalls. I know you are probably thinking that sounds picky. but in a county with over 450 kids in care, you get that luxury. the boys are excited about having more kids in the house. we moved them in to the bigger bedroom and got another set of bunk beds. so now all that is left is to wait, pray, and stay calm.



and as for the boys old bed room, we need prayer there as well. we have received word that the boys' mother is pregnant. we don't know how far along but she is showing. there are a lot of unanswered questions in regard to all of that. but in the event that we are asked to care for the baby when the time comes, we will have the other bedroom ready and waiting.
yeah. we know. we are crazy. but this is our calling and we love it.

Comments