a whirlwind of a week...

a lot has happened in the past week. and at this point I will be sharing this blog with our friends and family because we really need all the prayers and support we can get. this post will most likely be very much written in stream of consciousness.  sorry if it doesn't flow as well... I just want to explain all the details as they happened.
so back in October we felt like it was time to try to move. we talked to several different mortgage companies and they told us, file your taxes for 2013,  and you will be able to close on your new house in the new year.  due to our needs and the sellers we went forward with moving into the house anyway.
fast forward to a week ago, on Thursday we filed our taxes. I made an appointment with the mortgage broker for Monday.
on Friday I also decided to call Georgia DHS office at the state level to talk about starting the process to become a foster parent. they said I would get a letter inviting me to a training at our local office within the next month...
Saturday,  there was a letter in the mail from our local DHS asking us to come to our first training on WEDNESDAY!  what?! I was so excited and nervous at the same time. and I didn't expect a letter that "should come in the next month" to come in the first 24 hours.
Monday rolls around and I go to meet the with mortgage broker, after the dentist,  mind you (I hate the dentist)! already my day was off to a rocky start. the lady I met with tried to pull my credit and tells me I don't have a cradit score. what? not it's bad, or less than average, but that it is non existant. in October I was told I had an "excellent" credit score. now I have none? aside from that, the lady I was working with didn't try very hard to hide that she had no real desire to do what it would take to make this happen. after a very stressful week, we have found a man that seems to be very determined to make this happen named Bill. he has reassured me that we will close within 8 weeks and is talking me thru what to do to make this happen.
Wednesday,  we went to the training with DHS. we left feeling informed and excited. we are still, naturally,  a little intimidated, but mostly looking forward to this opportunity.  we will start an 8 week class on February 20. after that, if we are ready,  we will be allowed to become foster parents.
sorry this was not the most fun blog entry. there was a lot of boring details to cover.  all that to say, I sent you a link to this blog because we care about you and would appreciate your support and/ or prayers during this process.  I am not going to post this link all over Facebook. I will send it out once and you can read it as often as you want. I look forward to sharing with you many struggles,  triumphs,  and funny stories.  I can't promise they will always be entertaining or grammatically correct, but after all, you are reading this because you love us. and love is taking the good with the bad right?!

Comments

  1. I am so happy that you are doing this! It is all coming together and though none of it has been easy, you and Aaron have been steadfast! I love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment